The JSTL 1.1 Examples
The original JSTL 1.1 examples imported in OpenCms.
What is the JSTL?
JSTL stands for JSP Standard Tag Library and is an upcoming standard for a set of JSP taglibs that will be available on any standard - compliant JSP container in the future. Because of this, it is vital that OpenCms seamlessly integrates with this standard. To test, ensure and show this compatibility, the JSTL examples have been imported into OpenCms and included here.
The current JSTL version is 1.1. JSTL 1.1 requires a JSP container that supports the Java Servlet 2.4 and JavaServer Pages 2.0 specifications. Tomcat 5 supports the new specifications. The Standard-1.1 taglib has been tested with Tomcat 5.0.3.
This module contains version 1.1.2 of the JSTL.
- The JSTL examples need some extra jars for all functionality to work. All of these jars are
included in this module and are exported to the
WEB-INF/libfolder the OpenCms webapp context. The jars added for JSTL support are:
jstl-examples.jar (only required for the examples)
- You must restart OpenCms / Tomcat after the initial import of this module to load these additional jars, or the examples will not work.
- If you encounter errors in the xml section like
java.lang.VerifyError: Cannot inherit from final class,
$CATALINA_HOME/common/endorsedfolder of your tomcat installation.
- None of the standard classes or libraries (jars) has been modified to work with OpenCms. The resources for the jstl-examples-taglib have been bundled in the jst-examples.jar so that no web.xml modification is required.
- The original examples do set some server context variables using application filters configured
web.xml. To make this examples run without changing the webapp configuration, this variables have been moved into the
index_content.htmlJSP file of the JSTL example directory (view source).
Click on this link to open the original overview page of the JSTL examples