Eight areas have been selected as the focal points of AIT’s research activity:
- Autonomic and Grid Computing aims at pervasive, human-centered, high-performance computing through a combination of user, network and systems technologies like Multimodal Technologies and Perceptual Interfaces, Autonomic Middleware for Perceptual Systems, Cognitive Systems and Grid Computing.
- High Speed Networks and Optical Communications, having as main research dimensions All Optical Network Technologies, IP/Optical and Wireless/Optical Convergence, Storage Networks, Network Control and Management, QoS, Network Services and Applications (Content Distribution, VoIP, VoD…).
- Broadband Wireless and Sensor Networks, focusing on 4G Communications, Sensor Networks, Broadband Radio Interfaces, Wireless Multimedia Communications, Smart Antennas, has as its mission to support and further enhance the “Optimally Connected Anywhere, Anytime” global vision through the study, development, analysis and definition of new scenarios of wireless systems and networks, ranging from devices to network architectures and encompassing novel applications.
- Software Systems having as its main objective the study of properties of software systems at all levels of abstraction, from the operating systems to middleware and to web services, and the use of established methodologies for the systematic development of software systems in carefully identified application areas, including applications for mobile devices, middleware services, development environments, data processing applications, machine learning applications, etc
- Algorithms and Security, performing research on Combinatorial Optimization and Heuristics, Algorithms for Sensor Networks, Cryptography and Computer and Network Security. The primary objective is to bring together expertise in education, research and practice in the field of information security and algorithms. Research is conducted in areas spanning from the theoretical foundations of cryptography to the design and implementation of leading edge efficient and secure communication protocols.
- Multimedia, Knowledge and WEB Technologies has as mission to master education, research and development activities that build upon and innovate through the synergy of Web/Semantic Web/Web 2.0 Technologies and Knowledge Engineering Practices with Multimedia Technologies. Its aim is to introduce the next generation intelligent, self-aware/self-adaptable rich media interactive Web applications and services deployed and validated in a number of application contexts: e-learning and edutainment, gaming, iTV/Web TV/IPTV, Multimedia Digital Libraries and Search Engines, Social media applications, e-commerce / e-business, etc.
- Network Design and Services aims at significantly contributing in the design and delivery of the next generation converged network and service infrastructure supporting a wide variety of applications, in the context of which optical networks and network services play a key role. Main topics of focus include transparency, sustainable scaling, dependability and cost/resource efficiency taking into consideration the increasing heterogeneity in technologies and devices.
- Innovation Management Laboratory is designed to provide support, advice and guidance to the business research community while facilitating interaction between academics and research sponsors, but also the greater local and regional business communities. Functions as a connecting link between industrial companies, institutions, educational organizations and individuals concerned with conceptual questions pertaining to organization and processing of innovation knowledge.
“The MBIT Master program fulfils the need in the highly challenging and competitive technological market for executives equipped with the combined pioneering technical knowledge and managerial skills necessary for the commercialization of technical advances. As the Human Resources Director of a Greek Multinational Corporation, I welcome this program considering its graduates to be a much -needed asset to business in Greece and throughout the region.”
Michalis Proutzos, HR Director, INTRACOM S.A.
News & Announcements
REVAMP I BE PART! BENEFIT FROM THE COMMUNITY, ACTIVITIES & FEATURES
Go on innovvoice.com online startup ideabator and try the new features and tools.
“Major distinction for AIT’s researcher Dr. Ioannis Tomkos”
“Dr. Ioannis Tomkos has been included in the "Top H-Index" list of scientists who work in the general research fields of "Computer Science and Electronics"
Talk given at AIT by Professor Urbashi Mitra, Ming Hsieh Department of Electrical Engineering, University of Southern California
You are all invited to the following talk to be given by rofessor Urbashi Mitra, Ming Hsieh Department of Electrical Engineering, University of Southern California .
10th PhD graduation of AIT - Aalborg University joint doctoral program
AIT Ph.D. student Nikitas Goumatianos (Lt. General of the Hellenic Air Force) successfully defended his Ph.D. thesis “Algorithmic Trading Advancements Using Pattern Discovery Methods and Multiple Committees of Neural Networks” on Friday, July 8, 2016, at Aalborg University premises in Aalborg, Denmark.
Best booth award at EUCNC 2016
The FP7 project ADEL (http://www.fp7-adel.eu/), which is technically coordinated by AIT, earned the "Best Booth Award" for its demos on Licensed Shared Access at the European
Conference on Communications on Networks and Communications (EUCNC 2016) that was held in Athens June 27-30, 2016 ( http://www.eucnc.eu/?q=node/155).