AIT Library General Information
The aim of the Library is to support and promote the education and research work of AIT’s faculty, researchers, and students.
The Academic Library of AIT offers a relaxed and warm environment that invites visitors to browse through scientific, business, and political literature. It is located on the ground floor of AIT’ s premises, covers an area of 250 square meters and has a separate study room of 150 square meters.
Its services are available to AIT’s professors, students, and administrative staff, and all members of the INTRACOM Group, and the general public.
External researchers and users requiring occasional access may use the Library for reference purposes only.
The Library provides and maintains computing facilities for the campus community.
The public computing facilities include four computers with internet access, photocopiers, scanner, and printers. At these web stations, students can:
- Search the web
- Go to blackboard
- Search OPAC
- Check e-mail
Users must login to use these internet workstations and must logout upon completion of their work. Campus visitors login with a temporary ID and password.
- The Library is accessible to AIT faculty, staff and students, and the INTRACOM Group. The Library staff is available for assistance.
- Absolute silence is required.
- Smoking, mobile phones, drinks and food, are not permitted.
- Bags and personal items are to be placed in lockers before entering the Library.
- Underlining, writing, or drawing, in books or publications, is not permitted.
- Writing on, or, in any way, damaging the furniture, is not permitted.
- The use of laptops in the Library is allowed.
- Users are requested not to return books to the shelves. Books should be left on the table of the reading room or at a place indicated by the Library staff.
Hours are subject to change during special events and holidays.
Ms. Anna Diakaki, Librarian
T: +30 210-668 2736-7, F: +30 210-668 2739
library [ a_t ] ait.edu.gr
adia [ a_t ] ait.edu.gr
"Away from AIT, life in Greece is a combination of the East and the West. The beautiful seaside, the wide variety of islands, the northern forests, the ancient monuments, the Greek food, the Greek culture, the warm hearted Greeks and the nice weather around the year all form an enjoyable experience of Greece. All of that made me feel as though I was on a long vacation, side by side to my studies at AIT."
Osama Alrabadi, MSITT 2007 (Jordan)