AIT Community / Faculty / Research Scientists / Mr. Bardas Georgios
Athens Information Technology
44 Kifisias Avenue,
15125 Marousi, Greece
Phone: (+30) 2106682746
E-mail: gbar [at] ait.gr
Bardas Georgios is a researcher at Athens Information Technology.
He holds a MSc in Computer and Communication Engineering from University of Thesaly, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering in Volos(Greece) since November 2013.
He has 4 years of experience in Digital Signal Processing, Video, Image and Sound Processing and compression.
Some of his most interesting activities include Sensors Communication and Programming, Code Optimization in Special Computer Architectures, Video Compression and Image Processing, while in his Msc thesis he successfully completed “Moving Objects Recognition in Video Applications”, with the respective publication in the Archemedes III research meeting in Larisa (29/11/2013).
His interests include mostly Digital Signal Processing, Computer Architecture Optimizations and Digital Sensor Communication.
- MSc in Computer and Communication Engineering, University of Thessaly, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Volos, Greece January 2007 - November 2013
- Researcher, Athens Information Technology (April 2015 – Present)
- Application Developer, First Data Hellas (January 2015 – April 2015)
- Individual work in Digital Sensor Programming (Arduino) (November 2013 – December 2014)
- Website Developer, internship in University of Thesaly’s Technology Laboratory (July 2011 – September 2011)
- Programming Languages: C,C++,Java,ARM(Assembly),MIPS(Assembly),Cobol
- Hardware Description Languages: VHDL,Verilog
- Web Technologies: Drupal,Joomla
- Title: “Moving Object Detection in Traffic Videos Using Motion Vectors” by: Georgios Bardas, Stergios Poularakis, Ioannis Katsavounidis published by Stergios Poularakis in Archimemedes III scientific research meeting (29/11/2013).